Friday, June 7, 2013

Practice makes perfect?

I was never much of a writer, even in high school. Of course just like almost every other college student I can pull a 5 page research paper out of my you know what. But creative writing or blogging, anything where I have to be creative, means trouble for me. It's always been like that for me and I've muddled through, just barely getting by and I'm alright with that. As much as I wish I was a great writer, I understand that I have other strengths.
This week though really brought out my writing weakness. I had to write multiple mass emails for different events (ughh). My boss gave me all the information for each email and I pounded it out until I thought that I was done. I sent them to my boss to look over and overall I did alright! Of course she made a couple changes and added some things that I didn't know about and I emailed them out today :) I'm actually kind of proud of myself, because even though I'm not the best writer I am getting better! Throughout the rest of this internship I will hopefully be writing a lot more (blogs, newsletter, emails). All of this will hopefully give me the practice I need to become a better writer. And of course I understand that I probably won't be writing best selling novels anytime in my lifetime. But hopefully I will eventually be able to write something worth reading, without a lot of editing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment