Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week 1-ish?
Friday ended my first three days at my internship with Ohio Proud at ODA. Going into this internship I was really nervous but by knowing the other intern with Ohio Proud really helped. On my first day, Wednesday May 1st, Kristin Kugler and Lori Panda showed me around and helped me set everything up. I put together packets for our meeting later that day with the deputy director. After lunch we went to a meeting with the deputy director and some of the other people involved with Ohio Proud. We talked about different things we could do for Ohio Proud's 20th anniversary at the state fair this year. Later after the meeting Kristin and I started getting things together for the Ohio Food Forum the next day. We left work early on Wednesday because we were going to meet up at 7:30 that night at the 4-H center to set up for the Ohio Food Forum(OFF). On Thursday we all met at the 4-H center bright and early to get ready for the OFF. Vendors started showing up at 8:30am and we showed them were to set up and gave them information packets. The buyers started showing up at 9:30am and we gave them a list of their meetings with the vendors. The OFF officially started at 10am. During the day we made sure that the meetings were going smoothly or trying to set up meetings if buyers didn't show up. I also tweeted about what was going on through out the day on the Ohio Proud twitter page and went around to take pictures of each of the vendor's booths and uploaded them to Ohio Proud's pinterest page. Friday was a slower day, I went through all of our vendors and looked to see who had renewed and who hadn't. The vendors who hadn't renewed I sent an email to to see if they still wanted to renew. I also sent out a couple other emails to people who had inquired about certain things( Ohio Proud shirts and buyers who want to get in touch with certain vendors). Overall I love my internship so far. I am really looking forward to learning and doing more with Ohio Proud. I really don't dislike anything yet. I'm sure I might get a little tired of being in an office but I think planning certain events will out weigh that.

No comments:

Post a Comment